The Mary Elizabeth O’Connor Scholarship allows three eligible Integrity House clients to accomplish their educational goals, meet their professional objectives and succeed to their fullest potential. Each of the scholarship recipients will receive up to a maximum of $3,000 to drive their enrollment or support their continued studies at Essex County College.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, applicants must submit a completed application packet and:
- Be a legal US resident
- Be a client or a graduate of an Integrity House program
- Hold a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Be admitted or enrolled at Essex County College
- Participate in a personal interview
All completed application packets submitted by the deadline will be reviewed by a committee who will select a recipient that:
- Meets the eligibility criteria
- Is committed to obtaining a college degree
- Has a record of strong academic performance
- Demonstrates financial need
Scholarship awards of up to $3,000 will be given to three recipients in four equal installments. Recipients may use award money to pay for tuition, required textbooks and other school related supplies.
Recipients of the scholarships must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 and demonstrate proof of attendance.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & DEADLINES
Applicants should fill out the scholarship application below, and submit it with all required supplemental materials by November 1, 2016. Applications may be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or, may be mailed or hand delivered to:
Integrity House Development Department
Attn: Johanna Stroever
103 Lincoln Park
Newark, NJ 07102